Thursday 30 January 2014

MA Professional Practice Dance Technique Pedagogy

 Hi All,

I have just enrolled on the MA Professional Practice Dance Technique Pedagogy course. I am currently Head of Dance and a PE teacher at a North London Secondary School. I believe that the MA in Professional Practice Dance Technique and Pedagogy will allow me to significantly improve the quality of my knowledge and understanding of teaching Dance and in turn significantly improve the learning and achievement of all the students within my department. I will be embarking on the course Part time along side my full time job.
If any one has advice or strategies that they found worked well for them it would be greatly appreciated if you could share them with me.
 
Lots of reading to do : )
 
Marie-Reine 

3 comments:

  1. Great to have you on board Marie-Reine!
    Look forward to talking on our group Skype this Sunday at 11am.
    Have a good rest of your week..
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, how has it been going?
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok back on focus and have started to read a book called "The Art of Dance in Education" by Jacqueline M. Smith- Autard. The main focus of the book is examining the processes of composing, performing and appreciating dances and analysing how dance education can contribute towards artistic and cultural education. It quite an interesting read and very applicable to my job role as Head of dance and a teacher of PE at the secondary school I teach at. I hope by the end of my read I can gain a better understanding and knowledge on how to advance my own practice in delivering the art of dance within education. Has anyone else read this book and what are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete